What Should You Expect at
Hope Connections for Cancer Support?
We’ll Get You Started Quickly and Easily
We make it easy for you to join us and understand everything that we have available for you.
Knowing you personally (not just your form) is what we are all about.
Your first steps are:
- Fill in the information on our new participant page or call us at (301) 634-7500
- Once we have your information, we’ll contact you and set up an orientation appointment.
This will let us get to know you, answer your questions, and make your experience right from the start.
Expect a Caring Community
As you work with your doctor to find the best clinical treatment, we will be here for you and those, who care for you to manage the emotional component of this disease. We offer you opportunities to interact with and learn from other people going through the same experiences.
We have special groups for:
- Young Adults with Cancer
- Advanced Cancers
- Specific Types of Cancer
Expect a Variety of Programs
We all have different ways of dealing with stress, and we try to have the variety of programs that will serve you best.
If physical activity suits you best, we have many types of exercise activities. These will also keep you strong during or after treatment.
If you’re looking for something to feed your mind or soul, join a book club, knitting circle, relaxation, art class or meditation activity.
Find Accessible Information
Do you need to find some information about your disease?
- Attend an education program or browse the materials in our libraries.
- Find someone on our staff to talk with you. You are our first priority.
Find a Place to Call Your Second Home
Some days, we don’t need an organized activity. It just helps to be with people.
- Have coffee and cookies in our lounge
- Do a puzzle or sit and chat in our library or lounge
- Attend a quarterly social event
- Browse or volunteer in our Boutique
We have worked hard to make our homes a cozy alternative to the clinical settings that you may be dealing with. You will experience the warmth and caring from participants and staff alike.
We welcome you, and look forward to supporting you as we learn to deal with whatever is ahead together.