Find Out About the Latest Research,
Coping with Treatment and Beyond, Your Legal Rights or How to Pay For It All.
Our programs are currently being held virtually via Zoom due to COVID-19.
Hope Connections strives to bring presenters/speakers who are experts in their field to share their knowledge and expertise. Hope Connections does not endorse any presenter/speaker outside of their presentation.
- Registration required to attend a program. Current participants can register online here.
- If you’re new to Hope Connections email us at email@example.com to register.
- Look below to see where the program is physically meeting.
- You can join most groups virtually. We are One Hope Connections and we want to be convenient no matter where you live.
- All Education programs are for those age 18 and over.
Effective Communication with your Healthcare Team:
What You Need to Know
Wednesday, September 22, from 6:30-7:30 pm via Zoom
Brennan Streck, Oncology Nurse and Cancer Prevention Fellow at the National Cancer Institute will help us to better understand the roles and responsibilities of your cancer care team. She will cover
how to approach difficult conversations, self-advocacy, and health literacy issues. Brennan looks forward to answering your questions! We are delighted to be co-hosting this program with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Palliative Medicine Treatment In Ovarian Cancer
Wednesday, September 29, from 6:30-7:30 pm via Zoom
Ivy Akid, M.D., Johns Hopkins Hospital Adult Palliative Medicine Program, will address how the involvement of palliative care working alongside the oncology team, can help women with ovarian cancers through their chemotherapy. Different medications for symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, and pain will be discussed, as well as palliative’s role in different stages of the disease, and the multimodal ways palliative care can impact and improve quality of life.
We are delighted to be co-hosting this program with the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC).
* This program is available to everyone.
Looking for More Groups or Other Activities?
For a PDF of our program calendar, Click here.