Exercise, Meditate, Recreate!
Take your mind off your disease and get the emotional and physical strength you need right now!
Our certified instructors will help you or your caregiver learn how relieve stress and take an active role in your own health and well-being.
- Attendance at an orientation session is required prior to joining a group. Here is the form you need to schedule an orientation.
- Look below to see where the class is physically meeting.
- You can join most groups virtually. We are One Hope Connections and we want to be convenient no matter where you live.
- Comfortable clothing and physician approval is recommended
- All Support Groups are for those age 18 and over.
Gentle Yoga – Bethesda
- Mondays, 10 – 11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., led by Amy Morrison, RYT-200
- Wednesdays, 10 – 11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., led by Amy Morrison, RYT-200
Gentle Yoga – Landover
- Tuesdays, 12-1 p.m., led by Delana Oliver, RYT
These classes combine stretching, breathing, and relaxation exercises to help improve muscle tone, aid in stress management, and promote a sense of well-being.
Pink Ribbon Pilates – Bethesda
- Mondays, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m., led by Johnnette Armstrong, Certified Pink Ribbon Pilates Instructor
- Wednesdays, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m., led by Jill Studley, Certified Pink Ribbon Pilates Instructor
- Mondays, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Eric Govan (Professional boxer, Master Trainer, Founder at Mind/Body Boxing), will teach you to heighten your mental, physical and spiritual strength through
boxing fitness, yoga and meditation. As part of the Prostate Cancer Program -for men only.
Inner Peace & Healing – Bethesda
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
While living with cancer, inner resources are often depleted. Join energy healer Afie Lattimer as she provides information, insights, and exercises to increase a sense of inner peace and personal empowerment.
Tai Chi – Bethesda
- Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese martial art that is practiced as a system of exercise, and that consists of a series of postures performed slowly and continuously with relaxed abdominal breathing. It is sometimes called moving meditation and it can be practiced without any special equipment. It’s sure to help with joint flexibility, balance and calming the mind. Facilitated by Katheryn Yasuoka, who has practiced the Yang style short form since 1975.
Knitting, Stitch & Chat – Bethesda
- Fridays, 10:30 – 11 a.m.
Kathryn Winsberg, with 42 years of knitting experience and endless patience, leads this weekly group. In addition to knitting, lovers of all forms of stitch craft and handiwork are welcome to attend. Experience is not required.
Strength & Balance – Bethesda
- Fridays, 10 – 11 a.m.
Kym Sevilla, Certified Medical Exercise Specialist, will lead you in an unique exercise class designed to improve your strength, balance and posture, as well as your sense of well-being! All levels of fitness are welcome. Chairs available.
Guided Mindful Meditation – Bethesda
- 2nd & 4th Fridays, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 pm
May Benatar, PhD, LCSW-C leads this weekly group. Modern science has confirmed that a meditation practice actually changes the brain, strengthens immunity, reduces anxiety, and lowers blood pressure. Join May and learn the skill that once acquired will benefit you in mind, body and spirit.
Relaxation & Tranquility – Bethesda
- 1st & 3rd Friday of each month, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Let your body feel relaxation and your mind experience tranquility. Led by Larry Bricker, M.Ed. & Reiki Master, you will learn techniques to minimize pain, reduce stress and increase feelings of wellness.
Katy’s Book Club – Bethesda
- 1st Wednesday of each month, 2-3 p.m.
Facilitated by Marlene Hayman, this group will read and discuss books recommended by participants.
Hypnosis for Symptom Reduction
- 1st Thursday of each month, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (Bethesda)
Hypnosis has been shown to decrease pain, anxiety and stress as well as other symptoms related to cancer treatment. Certified hypnotherapist Don Pelles will teach self-hypnosis techniques that will assist in the management of these symptoms.
Looking for More Groups or Other Activities?
For a PDF of our program calendar, click here.