Special Activities and Social Events
Prostate Cancer Screening Event
Wednesday, May 24, from 6 pm – 8 pm-dinner included
Prostate Cancer in Our Community:
- Prostate cancer death rates in Prince George’s County are among the highest in the state
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Black men are more likely to get prostate cancer and are twice as likely to die from prostate cancer compared to White men
- Black men are more likely to develop prostate cancer at a younger age and to have more severe types of prostate cancer
- The five-year survival for men who have early-stage prostate cancer confined to the prostate gland is nearly 100 percent; this drops to 30 percent for men whose cancer has spread to other areas of the body (late stage)
Visit prostatecancerscreening.eventbrite.com or call Min Deborah Johnson at 301-567-4433.
The first 50 people to sign up for the event will have the chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Faith-Based Cancer Education Consortium: Central Baptist Church of Camp Springs • Fort Foote Baptist Church Mowatt Memorial United Methodist Church • St. Paul at Oxon Hill • St. Stephen Baptist Church
Come party with us! Yes, you can kick back and have fun and still fight cancer:
- You must register to attend an event.
- Look below to see where the program is physically meeting.
- You can join most groups virtually. We are One Hope Connections and we want to be convenient no matter where you live.
- Bring your family and friends.
- We have at least one social event per quarter.
For a PDF of our program calendar, click here.